[Clfs-dev] Preparing for 3.1.0 release

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Apr 25 21:14:08 PDT 2015

Greetings CLFS users and developers,

It has been a while since some major updating has occurred with CLFS. Most of us devs have been quite busy and while our own builds are up to date, the book is not. We are keeping notes during our current builds to update CLFS.

Please review the tickets at http://trac.clfs.org for the milestone 3.1.0 release.

We are updating to GCC 5.1.0, Binutils 2.25, and GLIBC 2.21.

There will mostly be version updates. Nothing out of the ordinary will be upgraded. In the next few weeks there will be some more git activity. I do not know if ARM will make it in this release. It may be pushed to the next release.