[Clfs-dev] CLFS Target Architectures

Eric Herman eric at freesa.org
Mon Nov 3 14:46:05 PST 2014

On 11/03/14 07:02, William Harrington wrote:

> Do we have any users at all who use ppc/ppc64, mips/mipsN32/mips64, sparc/sparc64?

Well, yes. I have a Lemote Yeeloong 8101B with a mips (Loongson) cpu
running CLFS (old-ish, but works great for me) as well as an ASUS
WL-700gE (wireless router; mips cpu with hard disk) which I CLFSed as well.

However, even with a soft spot in my heart for mips, I suspect the
amount of work required to be a maintainer of an architecture is likely
more than I can sign up for in good faith.

I think the book needs to be able to advance, especially the toolchain,
without waiting on the one or two odd-balls to confirm that my beloved
little box actually builds.

Full speed ahead!

Cheers,
  -Eric