[Clfs-dev] Systemd and adjtime

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Mar 10 07:32:28 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I made some changes to the bootscripts section and configuring the
clock.

I add /etc/adjtime for systemd, however Chris mentioned the following:

Util-linux we have FHS comliance section for using /var/lib/hwclock

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-5.8.html

Discussed in 5.8.3 and 5.8.5.

Systemd uses /etc/adjtime.

I propose that we edit systemd as we do util-linux to utilize /var/lib/
hwclock rather than /etc for adjtime.

The fhs compliance section can be added to common/systemd.xml and
multilib/systemd-64bit.xml without issue and we don't need to create /
var/lib/hwclock since it is already created at util-linux step.

the bootscripts/common/clock.xml can be edited to use /var/lib/hwclock/
adjtime instead of /etc/adjtime.

I thought of using a link for /etc/adjtime, but /var/lib/hwclock/
adjtime may not be created. So that is not a good idea.