[Clfs-dev] CLFS 3.0 RC1

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Jun 27 20:21:51 PDT 2014

Greetings,

there isn't much left in the book to add or take away for content. I'd
like to let it settle for a couple of weeks and get confirmed builds
and test suite info.

Remember for builds try to get a cross compile which builds from 32
bit to 64 bit for same arch targets such as an x86_64 host to an
x86_64 pure64 or multilib target.

We can at lest test most of the cross compilers with any target from
x86 or x86_64 for mips, ppc, sparc

Some hardware we are lacking such as ppc64 and sparc/sparc64 and mips/
mips64.

We can at least test the cross compiling.

Are all versions of packages good as of now without any issues? Is
there any reason why we wouldn't be sorry we didn't include the newer
version of e2fsprogs? I haven't checked the changelogs, yet.

I'd say an RC1 in July could be a good target.