[Clfs-dev] Missing errno.h in Eglibc compile

Barry Kasindorf barry at barrykasindorf.com
Mon Jun 9 07:44:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using the 2.10 version of the book. I am using Ubuntu 1404 64bit as
the host system to make an x86 multilib cross system.

It works well til it tries to make Eglibc 32 and 64. I get an #include
<errno.h> not found. I looked this up and found a message in passing
that it was caused by another RPC package on the host being installed,
but this package is not my problem. I had this working before but had
other issues come up so I went back to the book and religiously followed
the steps again and got here.

Building EGLIBC 32 bit:

rpc_main.c:37:19: fatal error: errno.h: No such file or directory

#include <errno.h>

^

compilation terminated.

I have a relatively clean Ubuntu 1404 system with just the CLFS packages
added. Some are newer than the list in the preface. I did a dpkg search
and can't find any other RPC package that is installed I can remove.

Thanks

-Barry

--
-Barry