[Clfs-dev] CLFS git/sysvinit package freeze for 3.0.0

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jun 2 15:54:22 PDT 2014

Greetings,

There is a package freeze for the development books for the target
3.0.0 release.

Critical changes will be added/removed. Just because a new release of
a package is released during this period, does not mean an upgrade
will occur.
Patches may be added/changed/removed depending on the severity of the
problem.

Now is a good time to look through all of the text changes that have
been made in the last couple of months.

The test suites are of importance, as well. We need full test suite
coverage and the test commands and descriptions in the book need to be
checked.

Installed files, libraries, directories, etc need to be checked for
each package.

There is probably more targets I am forgetting, but we will get to
them as we get more input.