[Clfs-dev] CLFS 3.0 RC1

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Jul 18 17:45:40 PDT 2014

On Jul 8, 2014, at 7:15 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2014, at 3:53 AM, Chris Staub wrote:
>

>>> I'd say an RC1 in July could be a good target.
>>
>> Yeah, I think that's reasonable.
>
> There are some commits you want to finish before the CLFS 3.00 RC1
> is tagged.
>
> Your ticket of http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/971
>
> I'd like to upgrade to D-Bus 1.8.6 per ticket http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/974
>
> Is there any need to upgrade eudev? I figure it has updates from
> systemd udev and some group changes. I don't remmeber what appzer0
> stated.
> Probably just leave it alone.
>
> It'd be good to get a tag for CLFS 3.0.0 RC1 between July 15 and
> July 31, 2014.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

Greetings.

I'm going to update the vim, bash, ncurses, readline, and mpfr patches
if there are updates upstream.

I think Chris has most of what he wanted in the book completed.

I have what I want completed in the book for the release.

We could try for a release this weekend, but after I update the
patches, I think it'd be good to have another week and then possibly
release 3.0.0 RC1 next week sometime.

Any input?