[Clfs-dev] clfs 2.1.0 multilib section 7.9 eudev 1.3

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jan 6 09:45:15 PST 2014

On Jan 6, 2014, at 2:04 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> I think xsltproc is not needed: if it is not there, the manpages are
> not built
> (tested). But if you have xsltproc installed, then either you need
> docbook-xsl
> or you should use --disable-manpages.
>
> Regards
> Pierre

Correct, we may need to fix some commands in the boot method for eudev
if the host has xsltproc.

I rarely test the boot method, and I know Martin Ward does, but I
don't know if he ever installs xsltproc on the host OS.

I think that adding --disable-manpages for the boot method is a good
idea.

For the final system, if someone installs libxml2 and xsltproc early
in the build process, and then they don't install docbook-xsl, then
this issue will crop up as you stated. It would be nice if man pages
were shipped; however, I wonder if eudev devs had the man pages
created based on the configure options provided, like systemd did
before they started shipping man pages.

I don't think a note is necessary in eudev for final-system as the
default build doesn't install xsltproc. I suppose as a precautionary
measure, we could also add --disable-manpages to final-system eudev.

Any comments?