[Clfs-dev] CLFS SYSTEMD branch update

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Apr 30 16:06:41 PDT 2014

On Apr 30, 2014, at 5:51 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> We are now about to test and tidy up our boot method. Most all we
> have is kept out of $CLFS/ and in /tools, other than a few symlinks.
>
> I am having our server render the book at a certain interval and
> will be published at the following location:
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/view/systemd/html/index.html

I've tested with powerpc, and Chris has been reworking the book's boot
section and fixing some other ares of the book regarding title
descriptions of some sections, and reordering some sections, and
tidying up some xml. The boot method is looking real good, thanks to
Chris's hard work.

Right now we have hardly any pollution in the final system, and most
is kept entirely in /tools for the minimal boot system.
Martin Ward's input on this helped us immensely.

Getting man-db in there won't be too difficult I'd say, so I may look
into adding that soon. Maybe we can get a release out in June or July.
I need to look at trac and see when I set our next milestone date. I
should probably change the version to 3.0.0, as well, for that
milestone.

We need to clear up some old tickets that may never get resolved, and
add some tickets for book testing.