[Clfs-dev] Possible Reduction of Cross-tools and Temp System

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Apr 11 22:26:40 PDT 2014

Greetings,

In the past I had attempted in tree builds of gmp mpfr mpc isl and
cloog and GCC builds would fail.

It's a bit more mature now and I can get past the following:

Cross tools gcc-final gcc-static with gmp mpfr mpc isl cloog in tree

Temp system gcc with gmp mpfr mpc isl cloog in tree

Of course need to remove the --with-gmp=/cross-tools (not needed in
that part but we wouldn't want that nayway)
Definitely need to remove --with-gmp=/tools (and others) during temp
system.

Has anyone else been doing that?

We could remove a few pages this way, but for cross tools:

gcc would be built twice and build gmp mpfr mpc isl cloog twice

However, it'd be less pages and the gcc commands would include more
commands before mkdir gcc-build

Doesn't hurt to leave our build alone. Looking at this as a
possibility with our future release.

.