[Clfs-dev] Latest git build Pure 64 systemd bison and flex

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 3 15:30:18 PDT 2014

Hi

I notice that bison and flex have been moved before binutils in both the
cross-compile and final system stages, unless i'm missing something
completely obvious, release tarballs don't need these programs and never
have done. I can't find anything about ar linking to the flex library
anywhere as William stated in his post to the list earlier this month.

If we build with flex 2.5.38(9) as in the book, quite a few binutil
tests fail, although all the programs and libraries build ok

I couldn't find a way of letting binutils build without finding flex and
bison other than renaming the binaries. I've just finished the cross
compile stage  with flex and bison removed from the cross compile stage,
so far so good.

Obviously they should remain in the final stage but it seems better to
build flex before bison as this removes the need to pass

ac_cv_prog_lex_is_flex=yesto configure but it does have ramifications to the flex test suite, but considering two flex tests involving don't work anyway, seems a good idea to me, opinions?

Martin