[Clfs-dev] Jhalfs CLFS patch

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Sep 13 13:57:00 PDT 2013

On Sep 11, 2013, at 12:54 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been doing some work to get jhalfs to work nicely with clfs
> again.
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/patches/jhalfs-clfs.diff
>
> Give it a test and I'm welcoming input about the changes I made and
> making the script better.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

A black-list for MAKEFLAGS didn't get included into the patch and I'll
update that soon. It's for libee.

Also, just to let you know the history of this livecd: it is the
original LFS 6.3 livecd from LFS 6.3 and BLFS 6.3 builds and for an
iso target. The whole build script you can find at http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd
    and browse the source.

I have not updated the modprobe.conf for blacklisted modules.

Are there any modules that are known of today that should be
blacklisted in this configuration?

Also, I've noticed since 3.10.5 (I've updated to 3.10.11) that RCU and
IVP6 aren't behaving well. I get stalls all the time in vmware when
the ipv6 module is loaded. For some reason taht module gets loaded
when loading sshd and the ipv6 module has an option to disable in
modprobe.conf.

When I make sure ipv6 module cant' be loaded then I don't see the RCU
stalls anymore.

Testing would be great. I'd like to get the livecd to work well for
everyone.

Also, update the modprobe.conf for blacklisting drivers.  Remember,
that list is from 2.6.22 kernels.