[Clfs-dev] GCC 4.8.1 branch update patch

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Sep 9 11:11:23 PDT 2013

On Sep 9, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

>> Hello Martin,
>>
>> Thinking about adding this to the book.  Although we set it before
>> the test. Should we set ulimit back to the old setting after the
>> test.
>>
>> Perhaps get the ulimit stack value in a variable then set it, then
>> unset it with th evariable and unset the variable maybe:
>>
>> STACK=`ulimit -s`
>> ulimit -s 32768
>>
>> <do tests here>
>>
>> ulimit -s ${STACK}
>>

>> Or is it okay to leave the stack size that huge for the remainder
>> of the build?
>>

> You can logout and login  in again , if your following the boot
> method, Bit of a pain if chrooting though, I've haven't had any
> problems when I've done it
>>
>> Or is there a way to set the stack size without ulimit during the
>> test phase, such as a variable somewhere?
>>

> Not that I Know of.

Are there any other test suite changes that need to be made in other
packages?

I saw the gcc mailing list entry about stack size issues, most likely
changing the stack size will be a note (the default is 8192 as far as
I know), and have the user set it optionally. I'm not sure. Could make
it a userinput command so it is there when dumping the command as well.