[Clfs-dev] GIT Branch Added

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Sep 24 12:26:12 PDT 2013

Greetings,

When we did the last CLFS release of 2.0, we didn't setup a branch
like we should have. I have created the branch and it can be checked
out, that way people won't be checking out the tagged revision and
having the book only useful for extracting commands.

When using the branch checkout for clfs-1.2 or clfs-2.0 the book is
all set up for the proper version and download locations.

When using jhalfs, do not use the tags, use the branch names clfs-1.2
or clfs-2.0.

Pierre and I have been working with jhalfs and it can download the
development book, or a tag/branch, and build it.

You can checkout the subversion trunk of jhalfs and test if you like.
It's been a while since jhalfs worked with clfs, since v1.1.0 before
the book format changed and we moved to git, too.

Just a few more updates to do and then we'll be in a package freeze.
Everyone test like crazy and check the book text and installed program
lists and configure and make command descriptions, etc.

Only a few more weeks till release.