[Clfs-dev] GCC 4.8.1 branch update patch

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Sep 9 09:19:35 PDT 2013

On Aug 28, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

> Did add ulimit -s 32768 before testing though, and disabled those
> pesky mudflap test which have failed in the same place for ages.
>

> Martin

Hello Martin,

Thinking about adding this to the book.  Although we set it before the
test. Should we set ulimit back to the old setting after the test.

Perhaps get the ulimit stack value in a variable then set it, then
unset it with th evariable and unset the variable maybe:

STACK=`ulimit -s`
ulimit -s 32768

<do tests here>

ulimit -s ${STACK}

Or is it okay to leave the stack size that huge for the remainder of
the build?

Or is there a way to set the stack size without ulimit during the test
phase, such as a variable somewhere?

SIncerely,