[Clfs-dev] Has anyone used the embedded book for MIPS recently?

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Oct 26 04:28:23 PDT 2013

On Oct 26, 2013, at 1:10 AM, Eric Herman wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the continued diligent efforts.
>
> I have an Asus WL-700gE wireless storage router and a Longson
> netbook, both MIPS ... but I have never used the /embedded/ version
> of CLS.
>
> As I am not going to invest the time in testing the MIPS version of
> the embedded book, I fully understand the move towards dropping
> support.
>
> Any other MIPS users with thoughts?
>
> -Eric

Greetings,

I have the Cobalt RAQ 2, but it is unstable and likes to crash these
days. The WRT54GS v2 isn't used at all. I did build CLFS for them a
few years ago, but they are real slow and I've put them aside. If
anything, people can use the embedded guide for the other archs, even
take some from the CLFS Standard book, and build their own systems.
There are other guides out there for mips and embedded which people
can use, too. Plus, the book will always be in the archives, and users
can render their own build.

SIncerely,

WIlliam Harrington