[Clfs-dev] Embedded with EGLIBC - Testers Wanted

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Wed Oct 9 07:28:04 PDT 2013

On 10/08/13 17:06, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 10/07/2013 07:17:08 AM, Kirk Terrell wrote:
>> On 10/04/2013 08:09 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:

<snip>

>>> The learning curve for how to leverage oe/bitbake
>>> effectively beyond just using Angstrom or similar is steep but it
>>> doesn't need to be.
>>>
>>> For instance, are there bitbake receipes/layers for making a
>>> musl/busybox rootfs?  Would that be valuable?  Would a well written
>>> documenation saying wtf is going on within the build process be useful?
>>>
>>> Or am I off on a tangent?
>
> Are you going to do the same for buildroot?

Buildroot has patches on the list for using the musl-cross scripts as an
external toolchain.  They work well in my testing so far although not
all the patches have yet been accepted as one broke something unrelated.

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2013-October/079647.html

My thought is to use the process musl-cross uses, as now it has sysroot
support, to build a musl/gcc/binutils modern toolchain for CLFS
embedded.  musl-cross is quite clean and easy to read and seems to work
well.

Thanks,
Andrew