[Clfs-dev] Updates for this coming week

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 10 13:16:53 PST 2013

On 10/11/13 21:05, William Harrington wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> This week I plan to test changes and commit changes to the book
> regarding Martin Ward's findings and moving check to temp-system.
>
> I also will be checking config.cache variables to make sure they are
> valid or not needed. Although I think the ones that get guessed to yes
> we may want to make sure they are yes and not guessed. Any input on that?
i left a few as guessed, didn't seem to alter things, but after some
thought setting them to yes, would probably be a good idea

> Updating check, texinfo, automake, make, tzdata, adding the binutils
> 2.23.2 update branch patch, update check, adjust some package commands
> because of the updates.
> This is probably a good time to update iproute2 to 3.12.0
must be pending as i couldn't find it still at 3.11 on
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/net/iproute2/
> and update to Linux 3.12.0.
> May update eglibc 2.18 with the latest revision, but it isn't too
> critical.
yes agreed, think their was only a couple of nptl changes on ppc
eglibc needs a small adjustment to recognise make 4.0, but after that it
builds fine