[Clfs-dev] pkg-config and util-linux (chroot method)

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sun Nov 3 12:34:58 PST 2013

Le 03/11/2013 20:20, William Harrington a écrit :

> On Nov 3, 2013, at 1:18 PM, William Harrington wrote:
>
>> I can run it with
>
> I can run it with current jhalfs revision and CLFS-GIT and see if anything
> strange crops up.

I just built CLFS GIT, using my working copy of jhalfs. Actually, I haven't
committed it, since I wanted to test it first. Now, the build has ended and
blfs tools got installed, so it seems close to be working, at least for the
chroot method. But I do not want to commit yet, because something weird happened:
After exiting chroot, the hostname was set to "clfs".

I figured out that it comes from the perl instructions:
ip link set lo up
hostname clfs
echo "127.0.0.1 localhost $(hostname)" > /etc/hosts

Since hostname is a system call, it sets it for the whole system...

However, according to the book, the first two lines should be executed only if
using the boot method. But the automated commands did not recognize that. I
guess I have to check all the places were the "final system" instructions are
different for boot and chroot, and account for them in the command extraction.
Since I do not know the book well, it might take a while...

Regards
Pierre