[Clfs-dev] Working on updates for make, texinfo, automake, and tzdata

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 1 13:22:10 PDT 2013

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 10:33:55AM -0500, William Harrington wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm going to be working on updates to make-4.0, texinfo-5.2,
> automake-1.14, and tzdata-2013h.
>
> Any input on what I will be looking forward to for anyone who has
> already started using those with their current builds?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

 On x86_64 (speaking from the LFS side of the fence) -

make-4.0 : almost nothing.  So far, one issue in qemu (they pass
empty ARFLAGS, that is now effective in the current make and causes
an ar error - 'two options specified').  I've got a significant number
of (mostly desktop) packages still to test, but I'll be surprised if
there are any others with issues.  I was really looking for packages
that use variables ending in "!" as mentioned in the release notes,
but so far I haven't noticed any.

automake-1.14 - I have a variety of AM_ AC_ seds, not sure how
many were for automake-1.14, and a couple of desktop packages needed
patches.  Mostly, the simple changes are obvious (it tells you that
AM_something should be AC_something_else).

texinfo-5.2 : the perl script for makeinfo in 5.x is much more
picky about what it accepts than the old prog in 4.13a.

ĸen