[Clfs-dev] Test Suite commands

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Nov 18 14:07:43 PST 2013

Greetings,

All of our test suite commands that are not required do not have a box
around them because I think the developers at the time only were
concerned with the required test suite commands being dumped during
the "make dump-commands" with the book's XML.

As it stands now, all non required test suite commands do not have a
box around them.

I'm going to test with jHALFS to make sure that adding <userinput>
tags around the test commands don't interfere with it's build process.

In short, when using dump-commands, the test suite commands that are
required get dumped, not the rest of the build test commands.
People using their own build scripts which edit the dumped commands
may want to see what is going on with their builds.

I don't think we need to change it, but it does make it more
aesthetically pleasing to see the test commands in their own blocks.

I do not think it will affect jHALFS builds, as the xsl for clfs in
that system will fix that along with the build scripts for jHALFS, but
users who have built their own build scripts around it will need to
add commands to remove the test commands if they don't need them.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington