[Clfs-dev] GRUB 2 patches from trunk

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Nov 11 12:09:23 PST 2013

Greetings,

Recently someone was having issues booting wtih grub from a jfs
partition. The problem resulted in some modules not loading from jfs.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/grub2.git/plain/

A patch for jfs can be found there.

There are quite a few patches from trunk that are in there. I don't
know when a new release of grub will be releasd, but has anyone
encountered some strange issues when using grub 2.00?

I have moved to syslinux myself, as it is way easier to configure for
serial consoles and other things.

None the less, there are some changes in trunk that could be used for
Grub 2.00.