[Clfs-dev] Tar and Grep upgrades

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Nov 1 18:34:57 PDT 2013

Greetings,

We need to make sure now that the config.cache entries for grep and
tar are still needed while cross compiling.

Do not test while building for the same arch as the host target.

A more preferred test is for building tools and cross tools while
building:

x86 to x86_64 ( don't use a 64 bit kernel, a 32 bit kernel)
x86 or x86_64 to sparc
x86 or x86_64 to ppc
x86 or x86_64 to mips of any variant

testing the cross tools and tools is fine as you don't need to chroot
or boot.

When testing the config.cache entires if totally removed while
configuring:

If they are guessed, they shouldn't be guessed.

Check the config.cache

We need to make sure they are exact and not guessed.

As some packages get updated, the variables get tested and set
properly, so far, it's still the same.