[Clfs-dev] Gawk 4.1.0

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu May 30 09:05:45 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Martin mentioned gawk 4.1.0 having issues when cross compiling.

During the build process, the gawk binary for the target tools can't
be executed.
I was building for a powerpc target using x86_64 as the host.

I ended up running make -k and make -k install to get past it.

I couldn't find in the build system where it is running gawk for some
process but it was like this:

make  all-recursive
make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/clfs/sources/gawk-4.1.0/extension'
/bin/sh: ../gawk: cannot execute binary file
Building the extensions is not supported on this platform

Perhaps we could find a way to keep the build from going into
extension directory.
I tried passing ac_subdir_all=   but that didn't help.