[Clfs-dev] Host System Requirements

Karin Willers karin at visti.de
Sat Mar 2 22:35:02 PST 2013

Hello,

yes, I did report  that on 02/09/2013 when trying to build CLFS for ALPHA:

5.8. GMP-5.0.5
--------------
On my machine (rather fresh Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit) the build resulted
in the following error:

configure error: checking C++ compiler g++ -fexceptions ... no

I had to additionally install g++ (besides plain gcc, which was already
installed,
I think)  on my machine , to resolve that, hence my proposal to test for g++
  in 'version-check.sh' in chapter "iv. Host System Requirements".

sudo apt-get install build-essential bison texinfo gawk && sudo
dpkg-reconfigure dash

upfront to starting the build, which my be worth mentioning in the book.

Greetings,  Karin
---