[Clfs-dev] Zlib dev during Chapter 5 cross tools

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Jun 6 06:53:37 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 4:33 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

> Why not?, I'm assuming that the user is sufficiently intelligent to
> work out that they need headers and such after reading the host
> system requirements page, otherwise we will be adding all sorts of
> packages just to get headers installed.

Well in our host system requirements we also have ncurses. (But we
don't specifically state to install the dev package as well as distros
can have debug and dev packages).

We have the same issue if users don't install ncurses dev, especially
with debian based systems.

Later on in temp-system utils that need tgets and tputs and other
functions will error during texinfo.