[Clfs-dev] Coreutils 8.21

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jun 3 12:44:05 PDT 2013

On Jun 3, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

> On 03/06/13 19:23, William Harrington wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Well I made sure Coreutils 8.21 didn't have issues before I applied
>> it to the dev book, and now I'm testing gcc 4.8.1 with multilib to
>> push it to git, and now coreutils in temp system wants to rebuild
>> all of the man-pages.
>
> I had that in x86_64 pure64 with gcc-4.8.0

I saw that in the LFS-Support mailing lists some while ago.

> solved that with editing the Makefile and changing the run_help2man
> to produce dummy man files

I see quite a bit of things dealing with help2man.

I see a HELP2MAN variable
Some other help2man in a target
Not sure which help2man entries to get rid of.

I'm going to go ahead and push the multilib wip changes and deal with
this later.

>> I didn't have this before when doing powerpc or x86_64 pure64.
>> Anyone else having issues? My host is using texinfo 5.1, and I"ve
>> had to apply a patch for binutils 2.23.2 for it already. Not sure
>> if that is causing the problem, but I don't really feel like
>> touching all of the man pages just so it won't build them all.
> don't think it is

I tested it, wasn't the issue.