[Clfs-dev] Eglibc update

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Jun 5 13:10:56 PDT 2013

Greetings,

I am working on the next step. Eglibc 2.17.

Ports has been moved to mainline libc so we can remove the eglibc
ports patch.

TZ Data will be a new package in final system. I do not think we need
it during cross tools eglibc install.
I'm doing a run right now to make sure.

Should we keep the installation of rpc headers as it is or use the new
option:

http://upstream-tracker.org/changelogs/glibc/2.17/changelog.html

* New configure option --enable-obsolete-rpc makes the deprecated RPC
   headers and functions available at compile time as they were before
   version 2.14.  This option will be removed at some time in the future
   after the TI-RPC library becomes fully sufficient for the needs of
   existing applications.

Current method:

/tools/include/rpcsvc
/tools/include/rpc