[Clfs-dev] Future updates for libc, udev, tzdata, bc, and linux

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Jun 1 06:22:21 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Along with adding GCC 4.8.1 to the book, we will also need to deal
with upcoming changes:

Eglibc 2.17 will require tzdata
Udev is old and we will need to decide which way to go with that.
Eudev perhaps.
TZData will halve the timezone information and will need to be
included during the Eglibc installs.
BC will be required when moving to linux kernel 3.9 and beyond. It
seems it is using it for time constant conversions in HZ.

And still a work in progress is gcc 4.8.1 multilib.
Martin Ward's patches for 4.8.0 should still work with 4.8.1. I
haven't done a test build since I realized 4.8.1 was released yesterday.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington