[Clfs-dev] Embedded Pull Request

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jul 26 20:03:31 PDT 2013

On 07/24/2013 01:44:35 PM, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> OK, well, don't pull this, yet. I forgot to change the patch names to
> account for the roll back in uClibc version.
>
> I'll fix that and resend.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

I note that my aboriginal linux project is using the last (ever?)
release of uClibc just fine, and natively building linux from scratch
under it for arm, mips, powerpc, sparc, x86, and x86_64. (In theory sh4
should work too but qemu's board emulation only provides 64 megs of ram
and gcc barfs trying to build much more than "hello world" with that.
I'm poking at getting alpha working.)

If you have any interst in the patches, config, or build invocations
that made that work, they're all at http://landley.net/aboriginal

That said, I'm working on migrating the project to musl over the next
couple releases: uClibc development's been moribund for years, musl's
git repository started in Feb 2011 and it's approaching 1.0 already;
not a tough call. The downside is I've got a dozen or so targets
working under uClibc and musl supports something like 4 at the moment,
but klibc has code under a compatible license musl could bootstrap the
others with, so it shouldn't take too long. (Including stuff like s390
that uClibc never did support, but qemu _does_...)

Rob