[Clfs-dev] Optional packages for graphite

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Wed Jul 24 05:15:20 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013, at 02:36 AM, William Harrington wrote:
> Graphite is a great option for GCC to reduce code size, and ISL and
> CLooG are required for this, but ISL and CLooG can use openscop and
> piplib, as well, to enhance graphite.
>
> http://www.piplib.org/
> https://www.lri.fr/~bastoul/development/openscop/
>
> I"m also curious, do we need to build ISL and CLooG in cross-tools? It
> seems best that optimized binaries would be using the graphite
> toolchain from tools and then final-system. I see no need to build
> graphite in the cross-tools. It would make sense to enable graphite in
> the tools, and definitely in final-system.

If you remove graphite, ISL and CLooG from cross-tools, then we're
almost back to having the main book and embedded match, except for libc
choice.  I'd vote for doing this!

I'd even leave them as optional for final-system, personally, but
embedded won't be building a native compiler so it's no big deal to me
:)

Thanks,
Andrew