[Clfs-dev] Embedded with EGLIBC - Testers Wanted

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Thu Jul 18 12:11:18 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013, at 08:15 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> I've not done any testing yet but I have a branch that uses EGLIBC
> instead of uClibc for the embedded book.  If anyone wants to give it a
> whirl and let me know what issues you find, that'd be awesome!
>
> I'll be doing some testing real soon now.
>
> https://github.com/bradfa/clfs-embedded/tree/eglibc-n-headers

So I'm giving up on EGLIBC or glibc.  They're both huge and that's not
really in line with the goals of the embedded book.  For now uClibc
makes the most sense but I'm not completely ruling out musl-libc until I
try it at least once.

But my glibc adventure did lead to a few findings that'll make their way
into the embedded book real soon now, mainly about keeping headers out
of the target and a few other cleanups.

Thanks for the testing help and assistance on IRC! :)
-Andrew