[Clfs-dev] Embedded with EGLIBC - Testers Wanted

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Jul 16 00:52:21 PDT 2013

On Jul 15, 2013, at 7:15 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:

> I've not done any testing yet but I have a branch that uses EGLIBC
> instead of uClibc for the embedded book.  If anyone wants to give it a
> whirl and let me know what issues you find, that'd be awesome!

Hello,

Dropbear has no install target in the clfs bootscripts.

I"m not using your changes at github, but I'll go at it again while
using eglibc (by the way, eglibc will be gone probably by 2.20 as
glibc is more sane without Ulrich Drepper) and it is better now for
embedded systems. We'll be going to glibc for cross-lfs book in the
future. You should be following the eglibc mailing lists for such
information.

There is no dropbear install target for the bootscripts in the clfs
bootscripts package. We should probably fix that. openssh isn't
friendly for cross compile and that's the only bootscript we have for
an ssh daemon. dropbear cross compiles fine, and we have no target for
that.

Some minor text edits which need to be administered, and I'll mail
more on those later.