[Clfs-dev] Eglibc cross-tools NPTL and config cache

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Jul 3 14:31:29 PDT 2013

Greetings,

I have been communicating with Andrew Bradford about some changes with
the clfs-embedded book, and I've encountered some things with the
cross-lfs book while doing so.

Usually when I update packages, and if commands to override variables
and use a config.cache file, I check to make sure they are needed to
determine if the commands need removed or not. There are a couple of
packages I haven't updated, and the config.cache isn't needed.
However, since we started using EGLIBC and now that GLIBC is more
mature and EGLIBC is more mature, there are variables which we use for
config.cache and NPTL which seem to not be needed anymore.

I have only verified for ppc.

If others would like to give their results from config.status when not
using variables in config.cache, that'd be helpful.

The only thing that does need to be passed to eglibc configure is:

libc_cv_ssp=no

What didn't exist in config.status was:

libc_cv_c_cleanup
libc_cv_ppc_machine

What matched in config.status was:

libc_cv_forced_unwind=yes
libc_cv_gnu89_inline=yes

Any help confirming these findings will be appreciated, and with
different arches. Please test these when using a target host that is
not the same as the host arch.