[Clfs-dev] Boot Method is Broken

Chris J. Breisch chris at breisch.org
Sun Jan 27 11:40:54 PST 2013

On 1/27/2013 2:26 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2013, at 8:33 AM, William Harrington wrote:
>
>> Util-linux is installing some of the install into /tools/tools/lib64
>
> Hmm I wonder why the 32 bit and pure64 books didn't have an issue.
> They use --exec-prefix=/tools, as well and never noticed a problem.
>
> Gonna go through a quick x86 temp system build and see if it is indeed
> a problem there as well, and with pure64 to see if /tools/tools/lib is
> being created.

I saved my tree from my Pure64 build of the GIT-20121227 book. No
/tools/tools folder. There is a libuuid.so link to libuuid.so.1.3.0 in
/tools/lib. Ditto for libblkid.so.

In semi-related news, I have finally solved my GNAT cross compile issue
and will now be doing a complete multilib build with boot from the
latest git with your suggested changes. Will let you know how it turns
out. I don't expect any problems.

--

Chris J. Breisch<http://www.sports-gazer.com>