[Clfs-dev] Coreutils 8.22 and help2man

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Dec 21 13:27:07 PST 2013

On Dec 21, 2013, at 12:47 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

> Hi
>
> Gentoo fakes it out by doing this
>

> set -- man/*.x
>
> touch ${@/%x/1}
>

> so it shouldn't try to re-generate/build the man-pages
>

> martin

I gave it a go following their ebuild for coreutils 8.21, and it had
no change. I also saw they have a man patch for something.

We can successfully avoid it all together by removing from
Makefile.am: include $(top_srcdir)/man/local.mk

But that means autoreconf needs to be ran, which would be a host
dependency for temp-system. It does prevent manpages from being
generated without a doubt.  It's not the ideal method. We'd need to
ship a patch.