[Clfs-dev] Raspberry Pi CLFS GIT Build

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Dec 18 13:45:54 PST 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 2:37 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm sharing my Raspberry Pi build archives.
>
> Please read the description at this page:
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/raspbpi/
>
> To avoid confusion:
>
> temp-system is temp-system only up to chroot or boot. util-linux is
> installed. It's not stripped and not optimized.
>
> git to gcc is with chroot and not optimized and not stripped
>
> git-final-unstripped is not stripped and is optimized.
>
> To build CLFS-GIT for the Raspberry Pi do this:
>
> CLFS_TARGET=armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
> During GCC builds add --arch=armv6 --fpu=vfp --float=hard
> Sincerely,
>
> WIlliam Harrington

Follow the x86 book but not for grub and x86 specific instructions.

Also, make sure the kernel headers installed are for arm and not i386
Grab the kernel from here:
mkdir linux && cd linux && git init &&  git fetch git://github.com/
raspberrypi/linux.git rpi-3.12.y:refs/remotes/origin/rpi-3.12.y && git
checkout rpi-3.12.y