[Clfs-dev] Latest CLFS Build Notes Pure64 08-08-2013

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 12 07:34:35 PDT 2013

Hi

Feedback so far
Pure 64 build from 32bit system

Looking good, really eudev seems to work ok, only tested to a limited extent

GMP-5.12
There is a minor bug report for this package, don't really think  is
needed but patch available here
http://gmplib.org:8000/gmp-5.1/raw-rev/a447c0c53789

GCC-4.8.1
really think we should disable the fix-includes script in both temp and
final systems see here for rational http://ewontfix.com/12/

sed -i 's@\./fixinc\.sh at -c true@' gcc/Makefile.in does the job(copied
from Arch Linux)

Cloog-0.18

I get three test failures, which looks like due to the updating of isl
versions, believe they are fixed upstream

Installing linux headers
In both  temp system and final the headers are installed direct in to
their final locations, I prefer cleaning the directories beforehand
rather than after, Personal choice though.

Section 7.5
In the boot phase shadow configuring has a --config.cache option when
it's not needed anymore

7.7.2 and 10.58.2 Sysvint

Perhaps we should add a --noclear option to the first agetty line, this
enables the user to see boot messages rather the been cleared on the
first boot

10.27.1

Bison 2.7.1, still need ac_cv_prog_lex_is_flex=yes on the command line
other wise it won't configure
Bison 3.0 is even worse, not only that, couldn't get it to
cross-compile, seems to run an architecture dependant to get generate
doc/help files, but also needs ac_cv_prog_lex_is_flex=yes to succeed,
but complains about a hard coded m4 invocation(cross-tools) from
flex(installed in tools) in generating some test files

cheers

martin