[Clfs-dev] Eudev

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Aug 7 11:08:08 PDT 2013

On Aug 6, 2013, at 5:18 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

> hi
>
> i've got a feeling that the architecture independent files go in xxx/
> share/pkgconfig , whereas those that are dependant go in xxx/lib{,
> 64}/pkgconfig
>

> does that make sense ?
>

> martin

Indeed.

  Rendering a test book right now. All rules and such will go into /
lib/udev  and not separate it to lib64 for the multilib builds.

Libs will be installed into their proper place.

The libexec files will be put into /lib/udev  (which means that 64bit
binaries will be in there but that's how we've been doing it with udev
for the longest time and its the only way to keep it simple.)

All libudev pkgconfig files will be installed into their proper place.
The udev.pc will be in /usr/share/pkgconfig.