[Clfs-dev] Eudev

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Aug 4 22:39:46 PDT 2013

On Aug 4, 2013, at 8:51 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> http://hastebin.com/gaxihuciso.vhdl
>
> I'm going through the boot method first as I want it going first and
> I'm not to final system build, yet, and I'm updating a bunch of
> issues with the boot method right now, which are mostly ironed out.
> I'm phasing out udev, too.
>
> You can see the configure I used, the resultant parts of the
> configure, and then what it installs via the make command

I successfully booted into the system via the boot method and Eudev
and haven't had any issues so far.

I do want to note that we may want to add iproute2 ip command to the
boot method in case users don't enable the autolevel ip configuration
options in their kernel to use dhcp or set their static ip info at the
kernel command line. It is difficult to setup networking when required
and using the boot method. Also, dropbear (as it can be crosscompiled
easily) would be nice to ssh to the host when using the boot method,
but we can always setup a hint for that. But, for now, at least
include iproute2 ip command.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington