[Clfs-dev] eudev - comments on what is in cross-lfs

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Aug 19 11:39:10 PDT 2013

Subject: eudev - comments on what is in cross-lfs
From:    "Ken Moffat" <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com>
Date:    Sun, August 18, 2013 18:36
To:      "William Harrington" <kb0iic at berzerkula.org>

I'd like to mention the following:

1. The testsuites appeared to hang when run before make install, and
to succeed if run after.  My logs don't actually match that
impression (it was a _long_ night) so I'll retry in my next build,
hopefully starting in a few hours (I'm still renaming variables,
hoping to persuade bison-3.0 to build with my scripts!).

 Also, I'm not convinced that udev-test.pl ran correctly, I can't
see any voluminous output.  But a total of 2 passes will suit me for
the moment.

2. More importantly, since one of the 1.1-beta releases eudev has
used the systemd "insane ethernet naming" (ecpXsY).  I see your book
still refers to eth0.  This can be fixed by creating an empty
80-net-name-slot.rules, but I like to put a comment in there as a
reminder of why I'm doing it:

echo "# dummy, so that network is once again on eth0" \
 >/etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules

 Our mutual correspondent lux-integ has already hit this.

 Oh, and congratulations on ppc64 pure64 - mine is so slow and hot
that I barely use it now and only use 32-bit userspace.  At least I
managed to get a 3.10 kernel running reliably with firefox-23.0
recently, but the rest of that system is _old_ (based on LFS-6.6 or
thereabouts).

 Regards

ĸen