[Clfs-dev] Embedded Busybox pulls wrong limits.h

Kirk Terrell knjterrell at mybluelight.com
Wed Aug 14 05:18:56 PDT 2013

Good Morning,

I was attempting to build the "almost" allyesconfig for busybox (turning
off RPC and selinux). I had a number of applets fail, here is the output
for two of them that I have tracked down the cause:

> coreutils/split.c
>
> coreutils/split.c: In function 'split_main':
> coreutils/split.c:103:6: error: 'NAME_MAX' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> coreutils/split.c:103:6: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once for each function it appears in
>

> libbb/die_if_bad_username.c
>
> libbb/die_if_bad_username.c: In function 'die_if_bad_username':
> libbb/die_if_bad_username.c:60:22: error: 'LOGIN_NAME_MAX' undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> libbb/die_if_bad_username.c:60:22: note: each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once for each function it appears in
While building the cross-tools
${CLFS}/cross-tools/lib/gcc/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/4.6.0/include-fixed
is populated with some header files including limits.h. This directory
gets searched prior to ${CLFS}/usr/include. Unfortunately the limits.h
the first directory does not define the required constants.

I ran into this with a Musl based system, but the problem should be
universal? I'd be happy to submit a patch, but should the headers in
${CLFS}/cross-tools/lib/gcc/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/4.6.0/include-fixed
be deleted, or do they need to be saved for later?