[Clfs-dev] [CLFS-DEV] Embedded Musl libc

Kirk Terrell knjterrell at mybluelight.com
Fri Aug 2 05:17:00 PDT 2013

Good morning,

To test ability to compile I first added the following to my
${CLFS}/.bashrc file for my Musl libc based system

export DESTDIR=${CLFS}/sources/dest   # Did this because I didnt want to
actually install but just verify I could set the variable
export host_alias=${CLFS_TARGET}
export CFLAGS="-D_GNU_SOURCE"

I attempted to compile 10 packages from BLFS using the instructions
given, with the following results:

> flac-1.3.0              Failed make             fatal error:
> gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory
> mpg123-1.5.4        Completed install
> S-Lang-2.2.4        Completed install
> nano-2.3.2          Failed Config           Missing ncurses
> ncurses                 Failed make armel-unknown-linux-gnueabi-g++:
> command not found
> dash-0.5.7      Failed make             error: 'PATH_MAX' undeclared
> libffi-3.0.13   Complete install
> pkg-config-0.28 Failed config           ./configure failed for glib
> harfbuzz-0.9.19 Failed make armel-unknown-linux-gnueabi-g++: command
> not found
> sdl-1.2.15      Failed make             error: 'PATH_MAX' undeclared

For the packages that passed, or failed due to other than missing c++ I
tried a similar action on my uClibc based system:

> flac-1.3.0      Failed make             fatal error: utime.h: No such
> file or directory
> mpg123-1.5.4    Completed install
> S-Lang-2.2.4    Completed install
> dash-0.5.7      Completed install
> pkg-config-0.28 Failed make             error: ./configure failed for glib
> sdl-1.2.15      Failed make             error: 'PATH_MAX' undeclared
I only managed to successfully compile one additional package in the
uClibc based system.