[Clfs-dev] Updated BOOT Section

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Fri Sep 7 09:50:33 PDT 2012

On Sep 6, 2012, at 22:02 PM, db m wrote:

> I take it you're specifically
> interested on the boot method (as opposed to chroot which is
> usually the way I go)?...

Since the boot method has lots of changes, it helps to have more
people go via the boot method.

Let me know if you find issues. I know in the final system we'll have
to sort some test suite issues. Since we don't have su in the temp
system (unless someone does go through the boot method, they get su
from shadow)  may put a note in the book to go to shadow and build su
and then use that for the coreutils test suite. I think that is the
one that uses su to the dummy user.  Other than that, I need to fine
tune some of the link commands in the boot section for symlinks. So
you may see some changes as you go along after I commit things.