[Clfs-dev] Download utility for final system

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 07:52:55 PDT 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 09:45 AM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2012, at 22:04 PM, William Harrington wrote:
>
>> Or use the host used to build the final system and use this
>> wget.pl  with the LWP installed on the host:  which means the host
>> system requirements would need perl with LWP:
>
> Actually the host wouldn't need WLP, the user would need to use
> PERL's cpan utility or manually install the LWP. And this wouldn't
> work too well as I think Perl's cpan command line utility needs a
> download client, hehe. Cause it has to download perl modules. I'm
> going to verify this with my new shiny Pure 64 Sparc64 build. i'll
> rename the wget binary for now and test this.

Okay it looks like the perl install from final system has HTTP::Tiny
and uses that to download with.

So the user can actually use the cpan client and manually configure
it, choose a cpan mirror to download modules from, and then install
LWP. Or any other module they want and write a program to download
files. Awesome.

Or just use a script to use HTTP::Tiny!