[Clfs-dev] Section 13.4 Making the System Bootable in x86 x86_64 books

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Tue Sep 4 15:16:11 PDT 2012

Hello,

We need some additional info in the 13.4 Making the System Bootable
section of the x86 books.

It's rather.... empty.  I'm sure there is more to do in there other
than what is stated.

A user has mentioned that we also need to make the device map and all
of that.

I've looked the LFS page for making their system bootable and there
is quite a bit there.

Are there any suggestions people have from using Grub2?

I looked through gentoo's grub2 section and they use device map when
using raid, but has been brought to my attention that it is used for
more than that.