[Clfs-dev] Recent Updates to CLFS builds

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 18:42:44 PDT 2012

On Aug 27, 2012, at 05:34 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

> 7.4 Util-linux-2.21.2
>
> The login-utils now requires PAM (see http://www.kernel.org/pub/
> linux/utils/util-linux/v2.21/v2.21-ReleaseNotes), so its a no go.
> I suggest using shadow login utils, you can cross-compile shadow
> 4.1.5.1 by adding,
>
> echo "ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes" > config.cache
>
> and using
>
> CC="${CC} ${BUILD64}" ./configure --prefix=/tools --build=$
> {CLFS_HOST} --host=${CLFS_TARGET} --cache-file=config.cache
>
> sed -i 's/groups$(EXEEXT) //' src/Makefile, to remove the groups
> program, if i remember correctly it doesn't build man-pages unless
> you tell it to
>
> I had to set up some symlinks
>
> ln -sv /tools/bin/login ${CLFS}/bin/login and the same with passwd
>
> i added a symlink to /tools/etc/login.acess and login.defs as well

This part has helped us some in getting the boot section going.

DX_MON in irc chat has been doing experimental builds and is doing
the boot method and will post findings of builds since they use
greater versions of gcc and ppl and all...... and for the boot
section, it has been determined that with util-linux that we will
need to add --disable-login-utils and then I think the instructions
you gave for cross comipiling shadow will work.

The boot section is the next big step for the current development
book so maybe we can get a few more people to verify some changes
that I will be putting in there in the next few days. What would
really help is if we had more people using the dev book and not doing
experimental builds to get this going.

We won't be upgrading gcc for the next release, which I think Cosmo
and I would like to get out this month.

Next up is a package freeze.