[Clfs-dev] Final System Test Suites

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Mon Oct 15 13:44:19 PDT 2012

Hello CLFS community,

We have an issue that needs to be addressed.

Util-linux used to provide su, which we used when testing coreutils.

We've always installed and used shadow's su, and shadow is installed
after coreutils, and we can't use that su as of right now, unless we
test coreutils after installing shadow.

I was thinking, maybe when building coreutils, add to the instructions
to extract shadow's su src file and build it to use for the test suite
phase of coreutils.  I haven' t tested this, and I'm coming up with
ideas on a whim.

We can move shadow before coreutils. I'm not sure how much of the
final system it needs before being built. I think one time I did build
shadow before coreutils and didn't see anyting weird, but really all
we need is su at that point.

Any input is greatly appreciated.