[Clfs-dev] Final wave of clfs package updates

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Thu Nov 1 16:56:02 PDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm promoting a package freeze after the latest wave of updates.

I think it will be good to let people test things for a week then the
freeze will occur, in which case, community members can start looking
throught he book for the following:

Typos
Installed files/libraries sections of section installs
Configure options removed added and their descriptions valid
Test suite issues verified and solutions presented and inserted into
the book
Any major bugs fixed from most recent package updates inserted if
required (even at the package freeze)

Then we can do:

RC1  tag and announcement
then if needed RC2 tag and announcement

Then the release of CLFS 2.0.0 Would be nice to have this by the end
of the month.

There is one last item I didn't update, that's binutils. There is 2.23
out. Has anyone been building with it?
Is it good to use with our gcc and eglibc versions?

Also I may do another gcc branch update patch before the freeze. Any
input?