[Clfs-dev] ppl 0.12.1

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 12 09:36:41 PDT 2012

On 12/06/12 16:47, Grail Dane wrote:
> Hi Martin
> Thanks very much for the link as it does explain the problem well to me :)
> I guess my question would be, is it likely that a second compile of gcc would hit thisissue after the first run had already been successful?
> I have managed to recompile binutils without issue but the error still appears when trying to compile gcc :(
> I am in the process of recompiling all the interim libraries again, gmp, mpc, mpfr, ppl and cloog, to see if this assists in clearing the issue.I did notice that my previous compile of ppl had an unwanted character in the LDFLAGS:
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link,i/usr/lib:/lib"
> There is an "i" prior to /usr/lib.  I have removed this in the hope that maybe it is related as the error thrown by ld is relatingto one of the libraries installed by ppl
> Well ... guess I'll see how I get on :)
> cheersgrail

hi Grail

What you have just noticed, is probably the problem

what the LDFLAGS line is actually saying is  -Wl means gcc will pass
this option to the linker, a comma separates the options
-rpath-link means basically hard code these run time paths into the
executable or library to search these particular paths for other libraries

so with your extraneous i, it was told to search i/usr/lib which of
course doesn't exist, so hence the undefined symbol error

Martin